Perrysburg Township Campus
First Solar, Inc.
ESA Engineers, Surveyors and Associates, LLC has provided all the site design and surveying work for First Solar, Inc. since its inception at its Perrysburg Township campus. Beginning with the initial 68,000 square foot manufacturing facility in 1999 and continuing through their various expansions, ESA has provided topographic and boundary surveying services along with the site design including master planning, grading, utilities, storm drainage, roadway, etc. First Solar’s facilities now encompass over 950,000 square feet of buildings on over 61 acres of land. Parking has been expanded to now total over 950 automobile spaces on campus. Improvements have included:
- Separate visitor’s parking and entrance.
- Separate truck entrances.
- Emphasis on pedestrian safety including dedicated walkways, speed tables at crossings, special signage and covered walkways.
- Security gates at all entrances.
- New railroad crossing.
ESA’s services have included topographic/boundary surveys and ALTA surveys. Site design has included site layout, pavement design, grading, storm system design, sanitary and water service design, soil erosion control plans and site details and specifications. Stormwater system design included:
- Vacating of existing public road and right-of-way while maintaining existing public storm sewer going through the center of the campus.
- Storm detention options were limited due to site constraints.
- Final storm system utilizes a combination of dry detention areas, a wet pond and an underground detention system.
- Storm water quality requirements were met by conventional and alternative methods.