Kent State Field House Expansion
Kent State University
Project Dates: 2013 – 2013
ESA Engineers, Surveyors & Associates was the civil engineer and surveyor for the 12,250 sf addition to the Field House at Kent State University. The University was one of the first to utilize the design-build delivery method under the new State law. This delivery method was selected due to the short project schedule. Site design included:
- Site demolition.
- Relocation of existing storm sewer and fire main to accommodate the new building.
- Evaluation of existing campus utilities to serve the new facility.
- New sanitary sewer extension to the site which required a new sanitary pump station serving the Fieldhouse.
- Design also included evaluation of an existing campus pump station to serve the new facility.
- New onsite water, sanitary and storm systems with modifications to existing campus systems.
Aggressive schedule required the site design to be issued for bids 6 weeks after the start of the topographic survey.