Lake High School
Lake Local School District
Project Dates: 2010 – 2012
ESA Engineers, Surveyors & Associates was the civil engineer for the new 104,300 square foot high school for the Lake Local School District. The District utilized the design-build delivery method to replace its building destroyed by a tornado. This delivery method was selected in order for the District to occupy the new building as soon as possible. The building was built on the site of the existing high school. Site design included the following:
- Site demolition with the goal of reusing as much as possible to control construction costs.
- Evaluation of existing campus utilities to serve the new facility.
- Evaluation and calculations included the existing campus storm system and detention pond.
- Modifications to existing traffic patterns.
- New onsite water, sanitary and storm systems with modifications to existing campus systems.
- New Locker Room building with new water, sanitary and storm services.