ODOT Maintenance Garage
Toledo Lucas County Port Authority
ESA was the lead Civil Engineer on the Design/Build team for this new ODOT maintenance facility located on a 15-acre site developed by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, and owned and operated by the Ohio Department of Transportation. ESA was responsible for the topographic survey, design for all utilities, and drives/parking/truck circulation. Provided bidding and construction phase assistance including regular contractor meetings, shop drawing review, and site visits. ESA also provided legal descriptions and exhibits for new utility easements. ESA and the rest of the project team worked closely with ODOT during the pre-construction and construction phases of this project. By using the Design/Build Method and Value-Engineering, this project was completed under the GMP and a month ahead of schedule. ESA issued site drawings for permits within 60 days of start of survey/design. Site design included the following:
- Truck routing and turn evaluation for onsite truck movements.
- Sanitary and water services with multiple building connections.
- Public water main extension with new water main requiring an easement to serve the site.
- Storm drainage utilizing a combination of swales and piping.
- New onsite water, sanitary and storm systems with modifications to existing campus systems.
- Storm detention and water quality design included accommodations for future development of the remainder of the property.